Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

CROW AGAIN



Thanks to all who've left comments or emailed me recently. I'm well but am entering the last few months before it will be a year since R died. Haven't had my usual energy.

Although I've heard the story about this crow in Japan before, I was reminded of it again today. Even if the story isn't true, it rings true to me and makes my heart feel light and find hope. I love to see crows skip along.

A daily practice of three questions to ask at bedtime and record in a journal:

What surprised me today?
What touched me or moved me today?
What inspired me today?

These questions are from The Will To Live and Other Mysteries, an audio book by Rachel Naomi Remen. I bought that audio book in October of 2001 after visiting with R, who had been given a terminal cancer diagnosis. He lived until April 20, 2008.

The sunrise and clouds to the east are spectacular this morning. I'm going to get some breakfast and then head for my painting table, promising myself a walk this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive