Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

JULY 2, 2009 -- For R



In 2002, R asked me if I liked movies. I said, "Yes." He told me that his favorite movie was "Outlaw Josey Wales." I told him that my favorite movie was "Cinema Paradiso." He said he didn't usually watch movies with subtitles. "Outlaw Josey Wales" was my introduction to R's long list of favorite movies, all of which I'd not seen before. Each time I would talk with him on the telephone during his chemotherapy that year, he'd suggest another movie for me to see. I'm trying to remember the titles of all the movies I watched at his suggestion. Some of his suggestions came with the caution that a movie might be too violent for me. They were all good movies. R told me much about himself by way of movies. That was one of his many gifts to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive