Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010






















The first time I ever heard John Prine singing must have been 1974 on Austin City Limits. It was while I was doing dishes in the kitchen. My boyfriend was watching television in living room of the dilapidated rental house we lived in. I was lost in negative thoughts. That wasn't a very good time in my life. I'd made some serious mistakes and couldn't figure out how to remedy them. At first I thought I was hearing Bob Dylan singing, so I ran into the living room, expecting to see Bob Dylan. Nope. It was John Prine.

He didn't sound like Bob Dylan. He sounded like John Prine. It was a happy moment. I wasn't one of those from my generation who had had positive experiences with Illegal Smiles but I loved him and his music otherwise. Still do.

Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive