Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wood Ducks, Bald Eagles, Canada Geese / Nesting Time

















This morning, because of the light in the sky, I took the above photo looking to the southeast from my porch. You can see the light grey gravel trail into Whatcom Falls Park. Looking at the photo, I noticed two Wood Duck (Listen) nesting boxes. Looking up just now, I saw one of the Bald Eagles (Listen) carrying branches to their established nest that I can see in the cottonwood grove to the northeast.

Yesterday I took the photo below. For some reason, the zoom worked better in black and white. The bird in the nest yesterday did not have the white head of a mature Bald Eagle. Now I'm wondering why a "yearling," if that is what it was, would return to its nest of birth. Could it have been an Osprey? That seems unlikely.






















This morning a group of Canada Geese (Listen) arrived at Scudder Pond. A clear sign of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive