Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

AS I WAS WAKING UP THIS MORNING






















As I was waking up this morning, my first thoughts were anxious ones. Immediately I began to try to figure things out. Suddenly I remembered the words I heard from Jack Fate/Bob Dylan at the end of the film titled "Masked and Anonymous":

"I stopped trying to figure everything out a long time ago."

and I felt my anxiety slip away.

Listen.

I know that Bob Dylan's words and music don't have this effect on everyone, but they worked for me this morning.

"Understanding is the ultimate seduction of the mind. Go to the truth beyond the mind. Love is the bridge."
(Stephen Levine).

That's Oboe looking through the Poor Man's Orchids at me with my camera. She is curious, but she doesn't try to figure everything out (-:

Can you see the sunflower? A friend who sells and delivers fresh vegetables from her garden brought it this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive