Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

FROM THE BEACH AT GUALALA POINT






















Yesterday I spoke with an old friend who has been finding Chumash markings on loose rocks and stones a few miles from the coast in Central California, and I was reminded of something I found in the early 1980's at the mouth of the Gualala River in Mendocino County in Northern California on what was once Pomo land. I am convinced that it is a tool with deliberate markings on it, but when I showed it to some professors and students at the local university they said they didn't think so. Here is a map showing the lands of the people who were the original residents of California.

Here are more views:






















*






















*

















*






















*

















*






















*






















I can't imagine that I am the first person in the history of the world to have held this beautiful wedge-shaped tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive