Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Curious / Watching / Listening



Three years ago:

"Don't let people talk you into doing what's easy or comfortable. Listen to what's inside of you and decide what it is that you care about so much that you're willing to risk it all."

Barack Obama
May 19, 2007
Southern New Hampshire University Commencement

In my eyes, he's holding steady with an impossible job. When I read The Audacity of Hope in 2007, I learned that he has ideas about nuclear energy and about war that I don't share. Reading Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics, by Joe Biden, gave me pause. For example, on the Vietnam War, “I wasn’t against the war for moral reasons; I just thought it was a stupid policy.” Still I voted for Obama and Biden. We can agree to disagree and still go forward together.

President Obama is a bridge builder. I don't feel that his love for the people of the United States of America is in vain.

Although I am one of the 5,000,000 Americans without a job, my heart is not heavy in the way it was before.






















Nocturnal downpour
Wakes the lovers,
Floods the valley.
(Deng-Ming-Dao, 365 Tao, p. 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive