Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!



Kate McGarrigle's son, Rufus Wainwright, singing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" in the movie, "Shrek," seems just right today.

Shrek: Fiona? Are you all right?
[Stands up and looks at herself, then at Shrek]
Princess Fiona: Yes. But, I don't understand. I'm supposed to be beautiful.
Shrek: But you are beautiful.
[They kiss and live happily ever after]

I'm preparing to weave again. The colors have been chosen.

And you can see on my table a book about self-publishing I bought from our local independent bookstore, Village Books. The bookstore has a machine now that will print books, including self-published books, with a perfect bound binding. At this time, the machine is not set up to print illustrations but can print a full-color cover. I'm giving some thought to printing up some copies of a less-expensive poetry-only version of my book, with a full-color cover featuring one of my paintings.

The book about self-publishing was written by Lindsey McGuirk and Rod Burton. Lindsey McGuirk is the person in charge of the book-making machine at Village Books. Rod Burton is a graphic designer who has designed a variety of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive