Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Convolvulus











































So far this summer, there have been two Convolvulus blooms from my "Children's Garden" seed mix. I love the mix of delicate flowers that I planted in May around my lavender plant in a planter on my porch.



"Most twining plants seem to follow the course of the sun and bind round a support from left to right, but the convolvulus will always twine against the sun, confounding all attempts to train it, even dying in the process. Characteristics: The flowers close in damp weather. Habitat: The plant is indigenous to Europe and eastern U.S. Production: The upper part of the herb is harvested during the flowering season and dried at temperatures of no more than 40°C in a well aired place."

- Joerg Gruenwald, Ph.D., PDR for Herbal Medicines











































Listen









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive