Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reconciliation meditation









Listening to the old songs by Donovan over the last few days has brought up unexpected feelings of grief and loss, and the realization that when I was 18 years old, I listened to Bob Dylan and Donovan in equal measure, with immense gratitude.



"I rejoice to hear he's well, but I must go inland. Thank you for the words you've brought of my banjo man."

(Donovan)



"Two riders were approaching. The wind began to howl."

(Bob Dylan)



"It ain't so bad. I'm just a lad. So many more things to do. I intend to come right through them all with you."

(Donovan, lyrics from "Celeste")



"Let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late."

(Bob Dylan)



My gut feeling is that it's not too late to be that hopeful and vulnerable and honest again. I am feeling a reconciliation of two parts of myself that had been estranged for 40 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive